Monday, September 19, 2011

Santa Fe BBQ Chicken Salad

I love the bbq chicken salad from Panera.  SO this weekend I attempted to make my own version and it was fantastic!! I'm simple and quick when it comes to cooking. I use store bought ingredients that are ready to use (ex. salad dressing, bbq sauce) I don't have time to make my own with toddler twins running around.  The good thing about salad you can add as much or little of the ingredients as you want, add more veggies, or omit something all together.

Recipe: enough for 2 or more people

1- head of chopped romaine lettuce
1/2- can of corn
1/2- can of black beans drained and rinsed
4 oz- shredded mild cheddar cheese
1- chopped tomato
2- medium sized grilled chicken breasts (or 1 large) sliced in thin strips
when you serve the salad add a few tortilla strips or I crushed cheese doritos (it's all we had) to the top
Dressing
Drizzle spicy ranch (I used Hidden Valley)
And BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays (my fav.))

Toss and serve. Yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment