Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

Chris was eating a piece of candy today and Carter wanted a bite. He asked for it by saying "trick-or-treat" instead of please. It was super cute and reminded me to finish my Halloween post. 

Halloween 2011
We had such a nice Halloween.  The twins LOVED IT!! The weather was awesome for walking around, not too hot, not too cold, just perfect.   Carter and Kenna said "trick-or-treat" and "thank you" and every house.  My sister, Paula, and I took the twins around our little neighborhood.  There were tons of trick or treaters and I think my little "flapper and gangsta" were the cutest. ( I might be a little bias) although we received tons of complements on their costumes.
 Kenna in her flapper outfit; check out those fabulous "sparkle shoes" and feather boa.  I made her costume, well it's semi-homemade (kinda like the show, only without the food). Ok, not so much like the show but you get what I'm saying.  We had the dress from an "option" for one of the weddings last summer.  It was "back-up" just in case she got something on her pretty dress we could do a wardrobe change.  Anyway, I sewed all the fringe and sequins on, it's "semi-homemade". 
 She looks so much like Paula in this picture. I need to get that picture of Paula (same age as Kenna) from my Mom and do a side by side comparison.  I swear I gave birth to my sister look-a-like (Makenna) and a Chris look-a-like (Carter)! 

Here is Carter looking cute as a "nice gangster".  He is the sweetest, happiest little boy.  He is always singing a song (most of the time making up his own words) and gives lots of hugs and kisses. 

 
AND he is always on the go!  He runs everywhere and boy is he FAST.  I have had to run at a full sprint a few times to catch him.  He is very good at holding hands while walking, and held my had between every house while we trick-or-treated. Of course he was running between most houses.

Here they are with all their "loot".  Makenna was so funny, she had to smell all her candy. In between houses she wanted Paula to carry her so she could sniff her candy... Such a funny girl. Her favorite was the ones with peanut butter (Daddy's favorite too!) 

When we got home we dumped it all out in the living room to pick out our favorites.  Paula and I did the same exact thing when we were little. 

I had to finish up the post about Halloween so I can start my post about Thanksgiving next.


No comments:

Post a Comment