Friday, May 27, 2011

Kelly's Shower

My good good friend and sorority sister (AXO) Kelly is getting MARRIED!!! Kelly and I went to a job fair back in 2006 and BOTH scored teaching positions in a fantastic school district. That summer we moved to Florida and began teaching. She works at an elementary school, I am in a high school.  She met Mike at her school and fell in love. He is a great guy and I think they bring out the best in each other. I am so happy for them both.

We had Kelly's wedding shower last weekend. It was a beautiful day and a very nice shower.  My job was to plan the centerpieces that were given away as part of a game.  The game was simple, it is a cute poem where it instructs the ladies at the table to pass the booklet and the last person with the poem when it ends gets to take home the centerpiece.  The centerpieces were oh-so fun and we MADE them. My Mom makes beautiful "towel" cakes. So we decided to make "mini cakes" out of kitchen towels in Kelly's wedding colors.
Kelly's cake was gorgeous! We used white towels as the "cake" and put together blue flowers to decorate.  Gigi is so creative and talented.  I keep trying to talk her into selling them on ETSY.  I think she could do very well.



I am so excited for her wedding to see all the girls and Kenna and Carter are going to be the flower girl / ring bearer. I have a plan to get two 18 month toddlers down the isle :) CANDY!

No comments:

Post a Comment