Saturday, January 21, 2012

Our Fun Saturday :)

I love getting up early on the weekends and getting out of the house while it is still "morning". When I'm up early and my day starts right away I feel like I get to do more on my short weekends. I especially like when I get to do something fun like the twins 2 year photo shoot that I have been planning in my head for months. It was a circus theme and it was OH-SO- ADORABLE!!!
It all started in September (I know it's been a long time planning) when the twins got huge lollipops from Disney World. I loved all the colors and it was something to keep them happy and entertained for their pictures. ( anything to keep them longer than 5 minutes) One day as I was playing on pinterest (probably drinking coffee, it has become my morning ritual) I saw the cutest photo shoot with a tee pee. Then I started thinking tee pee, lollipops, outside......... Let's do a circus!!!! I already had just about everything I needed for props. I had a bunch of scrap fabric strips I used for a project last year that worked perfect for streamers. I already had the perfect tee pee, aka big-top circus tent. The twins have a huge lion and giraffe (a circus always has a lion, and the giraffe is just cute). I already had a bunch of paint, I mixed a couple colors and came up with a pretty shade of green (for the signs that I used wood from the garage) Then the after Christmas 75% off clearance helped with the rest. (I love a good sale!)
I called Ashley (www.ashleyhamiltonphotography.com) and told her about my idea and she loved it too. I'm so glad she could envision what I was thinking because Chris was a little skeptical. I was making the streamers one day and he said " I know what you want it to look like but I don't think it's going to turn out that way. A tee pee and a field and whatever you are making do not look like a circus." I just told him "you'll see, Ashley likes my idea too, if she likes it it's gonna work." I have to admit I was a little worried it wasn't going to look right or that I was planning too much stuff and it was going to take away from the twins.
I met Ashley early and set up before Chris and the twins got there. Yep, daddy got them ready all by himself! I think he was as surprised as the twins were when he saw what we set up. All three of them loved the circus we created!!! I can't wait to see the finished product, Ashley is an amazing photographer and the twins were being so stinkin cute playing in their circus.

No comments:

Post a Comment